- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- A student's self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission.
- Schools need to function as a learning organization and promote opportunities for all those who have a stake in the success of the school to work together as a community of learners.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- In order for students to excel in academics, grow emotionally, and become contributing members of society, they must realize limits and learn that rules apply to everyone.
Oakland Elementary School
4930 Pipers Gap Road
Galax, VA 24333
Principal: Larry Williams